1. WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT?
To place an order through the Site you must provide your full name, email address and phone number. In the course of using the Site we may collect other information from you, including demographic information (e.g. age, gender), mobile location data, order information (e.g. your preferences, purchases and returns history) and other information that we request. If you do not provide us with some of this information then you may not be able to access some or all of the services available through the Site.
2. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Foodstuffs North Island Limited, Foodstuffs South Island Limited, Foodstuffs (N.Z.) Limited, any affiliate, subsidiary or related company of those Foodstuffs entities, and any Foodstuffs member franchisee store (together, Foodstuffs) collects and holds personal information in accordance with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (Privacy Act).
By using the Site and/or placing orders through the Site, you agree that Foodstuffs may collect, store and use any of your personal information including to do any of the following:
• to contact you about your use of the Site and any order you have placed;
• to process and deliver your order or make your order available for collection;
• identify and determine the benefits, offers or promotions that may be of interest to you, your family or household based on what you like to buy;
• provide you (or allow a third party to provide you) via email, online or post with details of special offers, discounts, prize draws, competitions and information about products or services offered by New World or other brands that may be of interest to you, your family or household;
• conduct research related to your supermarket shopping;
• use your personal information for other Foodstuffs marketing and promotional purposes;
• take actions required to keep your information secure;
• enhance your overall shopping experience at New World including through the Site;
• undertake data analytics, insights or data mining (including the anonymisation or aggregation of your personal information with other data to identify patterns and trends, and use the full benefit of that analysis); and
• such other purposes we make known to you at the time of collection.
In doing so, your personal information may be combined with other personal information held by Foodstuffs, our partners and service providers.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
By using the Site and/or placing orders through the Site, you agree that Foodstuffs may share your personal information for any of the purposes listed in the above section to any entity within Foodstuffs or to agents, suppliers or partners working on behalf of or with Foodstuffs (such as mailing and research companies), provided that unless required by law, we will not otherwise disclose your information to a third party.
4. COOKIES AND TRACKING
5. ANALYSIS TOOLS
We use various web and/ or email analytics tools to collect information through the Site e.g. the number of visitors per day or the average amount of time spent on the Site. The information we collect through the use of analytics providers (e.g. Google or Apple) is anonymous and is not personal to you. Emails we send to you may also include a code that measures or determine what you do when you receive it and whether you respond.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to your information. However, you acknowledge that security of the transmission of data over the internet can never be guaranteed. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Foodstuffs will not be liable for any direct or indirect damage or loss if any third party gains unauthorised access to your information.
7. ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
Under the Privacy Act you have the right of access to and correction of your personal information that we hold about you, and to have that information corrected and/or updated. To access, correct or update information we hold about you please contact our Customer Support Centre on 0800 4 NEW WORLD (0800 463 996). We will rely on the information that you have provided us so please ensure that information is accurate and kept up-to-date. Your personal information will be held by Foodstuffs (N.Z) Limited or Foodstuffs North Island Limited at Roma Road, Auckland 1440, at Foodstuffs South Limited at Main North Road in Christchurch, or by one or more of Foodstuffs’ trusted data service providers.